Monday, February 2, 2009

New Cloth Design

I don't know if everyone is aware of this but Peaches N Creme has come out with a new line of cotton yarn called "Premium". Right now there are 8 colors (check them out at http://www.peaches-creme.com/Premium.htm)


Anyway, I thought it would be nice to come up with a design to show off their colors. They sponsors all of our games and our yearly calendar by providing yarn and we just wanted to recognize them for providing endless fun for us.


The cloth is listed below. It is a lace and ridge cloth, on the order of feather and fan but I wanted to make a cloth that had scallops in it showing off all of the colors. I named the cloth using the same initials as their company (P-N-C). The name of the cloth is "Promises N Color". There are two other colors being added to this line so make sure you check the site regularly.


Promises N Color Washcloth

Copyright © Janet Nogle January 2009


Size: One Size
Finished Measurements: 8 ¼ X 8 ¼
Materials: US #6 Knitting Needle, 1 Skein of Peaches N Crème “Premium” yarn (Pictured in photo: Dk Pansy Ombre #214.)

This cloth is dedicated to the new “Premium” colors from Peaches N Crème. I made the name of the cloth fit the initials of the company (P-N-C). It is a cloth in lace and ridges. It is similar to the Feather N Fan cloth but the decreases are P2Together instead of K2Together to make a scallop effect on the row.

Cast On: Multiple of 11 stitches (I used 4 stitches for the border making the total = 37 stitches)

Border:
Row 1: K1, P1 Across Row
Row 2: K1, P1 Across Row

Pattern:
Row 1: (RS) K1, P1, Knit 33, P1, K1
Row 2: (WS) K1, P1, Purl 33, P1, K1
Row 3: (RS) K1, P1 *(P2Tog) x2, (YO, K1) x3, P2Tog, YO, P2Tog; Repeat from *, end P1,

K1
Row 4: (WS) K1, P1, Purl 33, P1, K1

Repeat the above sequence of rows till cloth is size you want it.
(I repeated the sequence of rows 11 times and then repeat rows 1 and 2 once
more.
Border:
Row 1: K1, P1 Across Row
Row 2: K1, P1 Across Row
Bind Off
I hope you like the cloth.



15 comments:

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Janet, this is just a gorgeous cloth. The pattern and the yarn blend so beautifully together. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely pattern with us.

Jackie in IL
http://tilliesdaughter.blogspot.com

Alli's Little World of Knitting! said...

I love it Janet!! Great job! I love the color of that yarn too! I smell the necessity of another Peaches'n Cream order! SNORT

Hugs
Alli

pinkangel said...

Janet, the colors are suburb with this pattern. You did a fantastic job.

Diane FL

ozlynda said...

Janet
The cloth pattern looks great with that yarn.
PnC will be honored.
Lynda
Aust.

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

Oh WoW Janet!!! That is a really gorgeous cloth! I think this one would fall into the 'too pretty to use' category!
I'll be trying my hand at this one for sure!!! Love those colors and the new colors by P & C for sure!!!

Aunt Kathy said...

Janet, you have yet another winner here. I can't wait to try it, and to try the new colors too

Thanks

gayle said...

Janet,
A beautful cloth. Thank you for sharing the cloth with us.

Debbie1085 said...

Janet:
Your dishcloth is gorgeous and you used a very pretty color... What an excellent taste you have!!
Enjoyed your blog!! You have tempted me to go over to P n C and order some of those stuff!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love it. Gonna have to try the pattern myself. And...shop for "MORE" yarn!!!! Oh Darn!!!! ;-)

Dixie

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Nicely done. thanks so much for sharing!

Dori said...

Janet, what a beautiful cloth!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!! The colors are gorgeous!

susanmark said...

I love the cloth and the new P n C

colors. I've been waiting to see

the newest colors b/f placing another order.

Thanks for the lovely pattern.

HUGS
Susan

Dorothy Noreen Hunter-Talbot said...

Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous looking cloth. I love being able to find patterns that I can use the variegated colors.

Noreen

Prairie Chicken said...

What a beautiful cloth. Thank you Janet for the new news on yarn and the cloth pattern. Prairie Chicken

Prairie Chicken said...

What a beautiful cloth. Thank you Janet for the new news on yarn and the cloth pattern. Prairie Chicken